FIGS.. WHITE CHOCOLATE... BLACK BERRIES.. VANILLA BEAN.. VEGAN ICE CREAM.. its a combination that would make any Goddess sing! I LOVE figs! They take me right back to our times in France and every time I think of a fig it makes my heart ache a bit as my mind immediately drifts into la la land in the fond memories of our life there. Unfortunately good figs are hard to find and have quite a short season but luckily tasty dried figs are readily available. Look for the dark purple ones.. they are extra juicy and down right incredible. Now to create this swirly goodness at home.. check out recipe below!
WHITE CHOCOLATE FIG BERRY STORM Two Ways
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked over night
- 1 cup almond cream or full fat nut milk (or coconut milk but will alter taste)
- 1/2 maple syrup or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean
- 1/2 cup vegan white chocolate
- 1/4 cup dried figs
- 1/2 cup black berries
- 1 Sambazon Acai Packet (for extra nutrients, flavor and color but if you don't have no worries recipe will still work great as is)
- Soak your cashews the night before in the milk or at least 4-6 hour before blending.
- When ready and blend cashews and milk with remaining ingredients and until creamy and smooth - about 3-4 minutes. Taste and adjust as desired.
- Add mixture to a freezer safe container like a bread baking pan.
- Transfer to a freezer-safe container and cover and freeze until hard - about least 6 hours,
In the picture I have this recipe done twice but one has berries and figs and the other doesn't! I also added a little almond vegan yogurt on the bottom here, bananas, fresh blackberries, vegan chocolate shavings, more dried figs annnnd more chocolate! haha. My dad added almond shavings to his which looked really good too!!
enjoy!! if ya like it let me know on @earthyandy! I love seeing your creations! Aloha!
White Chocolate Fig Berry Storm; a swirly, cool treat for hot summers!