Below are recipes for coco coconut vegan ice cream and toasted coco coconut chips Hope you love it! Oh ya! If you make this, and put it in the freeze for a few hours it will be even more like "ice cream". If ya make it share by tagging @earthyandy on Instagram. These bowls are from @gayaceramic - a family ran business out of bali! I am so excited to have some fun bowls and plates! haha.. Check them out they are the sweetest people and truly talented at what they do! Here is their site http://www.gayaceramic.com/
Toasted Coco Coconut Vegan Ice Cream was a beautiful treat! Took a good 4 minutes to make, 1 minute clean up.. my kind of meal/snackin . This was after a full day of beach play outside. A lot of times when we get home Ill make us a smoothie or smoothie bowl to curb our hunger and get in some goods while I make dinner for later. Some days... this is dinner, or breakfast!
2 Tablespoon Coconut Cream (I scooped the thick cream off the top of canned coconut milk) - If you don't like coconut, blend a 1/4 cup of cashews with a teaspoon of water, or use a nut milk)
5 Medjool Dates/or Coconut Sugar (this gives the toasted flavor)
5 Frozen Ripe Bananas
1/4 cup koko Samoa (adds to the toasted flavor) or 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips (optional)
1/2 vanilla bean/ or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Blend and mash and blend and mash until you see a thick creamy swirl. I usually add the koko (chocolate chips) at the end so its chunky!
TOASTED COCONUT CHIPS
- 1 cup of unsweetened coconut chips or large flakes
- 1/2Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tsp cacao powder
- 2 teaspoon coconut sugar or maple syrup
- Dash of salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a shallow baking pan, add the coconut flakes and coconut oil and stir until well mixed.
- Sprinkle the cacao powder and sea salt all over the coconut.
- Bake for aprox 8-12 minutes, tossing every 3 minutes to avoid burning.
- Sprinkle coconut sugar or maple syrup on when serving (you can add these ingredients when you add the coconut oil but it will not be as crispy :)
Toasted Coco Coconut Vegan Ice Cream is a beautiful treat while getting in some powerful antioxidants and minerals!