When ya just want to swirl your tongue around something sweet and creamy .. think Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Vegan Ice Cream! How can this possibly be dairy and gluten free? Easy! Its just a matter of using really tasty wholesome ingredients! The key flavors are going to come from the peanut butter you choose and the cookie dough you make! And hey if you don't want to make vegan cookie dough, you can purchase it at whole foods ! Buuut homemade is always better and most always better for you!
*note! this is a cashew/coconut cream based ice cream but feel free to use 6 ripe unpeeled frozen bananas in replace of those two ingredients. It will have a different taste but still really amazing! You can also you almond milk in replace of the coconut milk no problemo! Recipe below.. enjoy enjoy enjoy!!! ALOHA ~ Andy XO
PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE DOUGH VEGAN ICECREAM
1 cup soaked over night and drained cashews
1 14-ounce can coconut cream OR full fat coconut milk or choice of nut milk
1/2 cup your favorite peanut butter
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1 bean or 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup or more vegan cookie dough (recipe below)
Blend all together and freeze in a ziplock bag laying flat or into ice cube treys. Night before . Once frozen break into chunks and blend . At the end mix in cookie dough chunks and put back in freeze for an hour + ! Scoop up your heaven ! If you let freeze too long just let sit out on counter to soften a bit before scooping!
COOKIE DOUGH this makes A LOT EXTRA... because its good to have some cookie dough on hand ;)
- 1 cup of your favorite peanut butter ( I like haliewa goodies natural coconut peanut butter)
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean scraped
- 6 Tbsp vegan coconut butter
- 1 1/2 cup Gluten Free all Purpose Baking Flour (Bob Mills is the best in my opinion)
- 1/2 cup or more dairy free chocolate chips
- 3-4 Tbsp almond milk or coconut milk
- In a bowl mix peanut butter, coconut sugar, vegan coconut butter and vanilla together. Add gluten free flour a little at a time while stirring. Add almond milk in slowly to add moisture. Once consistency of cookie dough stir in chocolate chips and place in fridge or freezer to form. You are going to love this little treat!! Not uber healthy but a great and fun cruelty free and verrrrrry tasty alternative!