Ooooooooh Baby! Maple Berry Vegan Ice Cream... you exude so many qualities that I adore and admire! My brother in law said to me once that every time he hears "its vegan" he thinks its going to be tasteless and boring. I remember having that similar out look before I knew anything about it. When I first started eating plant based I figured this is a sacrifice but I just need to do it. I was desperate to just feel normal (health wise).
Once I started exploring this lifestyle which started off feeling foreign, I realized how abundant it really is. As your tastes buds change the flavors of wholesome rich foods become vibrant and popping with flavor and satisfaction that I had yet to experience on this level from past loved foods!
Something that started off feeling restrictive, in the end became the most freeing. I talk a lot about the health benefits of a plant based lifestyle because that was my initial reason for change, but I am also quite passionate about the Eco-friendly and cruelty free benefits. Its a topic I could go on an on about but I just want to say that if you want change, its much easier when you believe in what your doing. It becomes more purposeful and meaningful when you start doing something for more than self gain. This is the part that makes me stick to it. This is what settles my mind when I would once feel I was missing out. It feels right to eat in a way that is beneficial for the planet while simultaneously benefiting my personal life. My advise for someone who is searching for change is to get educated, approach with an open mind and open heart, make change that you believe in and not because someone is telling you to believe in it. Im a big believer in following our initial feelings. Truth resonates. Its just a matter of being open to that self guidance. When you feel it, believe in it, trust it then latch on to that drive and see where it takes you!
- 1/2 of a vanilla bean or 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 tablespoon maple butter or maple syrup (or to taste)
- 2 cup coconut cream (scoop top half creamy part of canned coconut milk if you don't have fresh coconut cream) OR 2 cup cashew cream (soak two cups of cashews in water for an hour , drain and blend for 1 minute and use this cream)
- 2 Pitaya packet
- 1 cup berries of choice
1. Blend the ingredients together and freeze in ice cube treys or in a zip bag and lay flat.
2. Once frozen, pop out the cubes or break into pieces and blend in your blender (Vita-Mix is magic ). (If you don’t have a vita-mix, you’ll probably have to thaw longer, won't get quite the texture but it will still be great ! This code on Vitamix gives you a discount 06-031 if you're shopping .
I love like this but I also love putting in a bowl and putting it back in the freezer for an hour for a more ice cream texture.
Note that cashew cream will be a different flavor than coconut . I like both but cashew cream let's the flavors shine more !
If you want to do a real sweet dessert treat, use vegan coffee creamer ! Not healthy but definitely a vegan alternative ! :)