The first time I had a sushi burrito was in Kauai at this little hole in the wall place on the side of the road called Sushi Girl! I loooooved it and now enjoy making them at home! You can make all sorts of flavor combos. I posted a video on YouTube to break down how simple it is to make it and posted below the recipe if you want to make some sushi burritos at your place! Also, you'll find an epic vegan miso wasabi dipping sauce recipe that my husband made!
SWEET POTATO SUSHI BURRITO
- 2 cup sushi rice
- 4 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoon sake (optional)
- 4 soy paper or 4 nori sheets
- 1/2 steamed sweet potato
- ½ cucumber, thinly sliced
- ½ carrot, thinly sliced
- ½ avocado, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup raw red cabbage
- Fresh Cilantro 7 or chives
- Fudakiki (optional but great flavor)
- Miso Wasabi Vegan Mayo (recipe below)
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Make Your favorite sushi rice. We cook 2 tbsp sake into the rice and put in 4 tbsp rice vinegar after rice is cooked.
- Layer a soy or nori sheet flat. Scoop on about 1 cup rice. Wet your fingers and spread rice evenly across the nori sheet filling in empty spots. Top with a couple strips of sweet potato cucumber, carrot, avocado, red cabbage, cilantro, fudakaki, and wasabi miso mayo (optional).
- Roll the soy or nori sheet away from you, tucking in all of the toppings. Add an extra sheet to the bottom to make big fatty burritos. Just wet the edge a bit to seal the sheets and roll with a bamboo mat if you have or some wax paper.
- To store for later, wrap in foil or wax paper (with a little twine) and store in the fridge! Great go on the go or bringing to school or work!
Miso Wasabi Mayo (vegan)
2 tbsp Vegan Mayo
1 tsp Minsed Raw Garlic
1/2 tsp Chili Garlic Sauce
1/2 tbsp Miso Paste
1/2 tsp Wasabi
1/2 tbsp Lemon Juice
I hope that you like it! Let me know if you get your sushi burrito on by tagging me on @earthyandy or in the comments! We are going to make a new video every Wednesday so if you have any requests we would love to here! Talk soon!