Oooh do I love potatoes! They are so gentle on the system and warm and comforting and so so simple! Here is a baked fries recipe! And don't forget that simply steamed or baked potatoes are wonderful too! (I really enjoy coconut butter or some organic vegan butter with a little Himalayan salt). You can get fancy but I always go back to this and pair with or on a massive leafy greens salad- like pop corn bowl size of salad. Also note- I personally find benefit in limiting my oils but do enjoy a high quality olive oil orcold pressed flax seed oil drizzled as a salad dressing.
BAKED FRIES RECIPE
3-6 large potatoes ( I do 6 for the family)
Himalayan rock salt
lemon pepper seasoning or garlic powder and onion powder (optional)
1. Wash potatoes and slice into fries
2. Boil water with a steamer while preheating oven to 400 degrees F.
3. Steam potatoes until almost cooked but still firm when poking with a fork.
4. Drain water and drizzle potatoes with himalayan salt and a dash of lemon pepper and garlic seasoning.
5. Cook in the oven for 20 minutes, turning over midway for even crisping.
6. When fries look finished remove and serve with homemade ketchup or serve onside a big salad!
SIMPLY SALAD- In France they serve big simple leafy green salads in many restaurants and I just love the simplicity of it sometimes! The trick is to get good fresh produce. Butter lettuce is really nice!
2 heads of mixed greens
squeeze of lemon or lime
sometimes I like to use a spray of olive oil or cold pressed flax seed oil with Himalayan salt.
- fresh herbs, shallots, green onion, purple onion, some berries , crushed nuts, purple cabbage, saurkraut, shaved carrots are a simple way to spruce it up!
*BAKED SWEET POTATOES WITH COCONUT SUGAR CINNAMON COCONUT BUTTER
OR SALT AND PEPPER IS AMAZING TOO :) :) :)