Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most - Buddha
My goal and intention is to provide information and guidance to greater health, all supported and approved by my Naturopathic Physician, Dr. Diana Joy Ostroff.
EarthyAndy.com is designed to help you find answers and give guidance for your health concerns and become an expert on your body and your unique health. I hope this is a place of support and knowledge where you can learn how to unveil the best version of you! Here you will find meal plans, health tips, recipes, health guidance, talk, family life, exercise info, skin and hair tips all while having a little fun! This is not a quick-fix diet. This is a lifestyle that can improve your long-term quality of life. This is a holistic approach - taking a look at mind, body, and soul. There are no gimmicks or magic potions. This is about healing, replenishing, revitalizing, and restoring our bodies from the inside out.
The goal is to help you develop a sustainable, healthy lifestyle that you can enjoy and benefit from while fitting into society and supporting our planets 'health'. This is a lifestyle that encourages healthy living choices in all aspects of life, reaching for results of optimal health and well-being.
KEY PRINCIPLES OF A HIGH CARB LOW FAT VEGAN LIFESTYLE (HCLFV) THAT I PERSONALLY FOLLOW
- This is a completely plant based lifestyle meaning no animal products.
- Start your first two meals of the day with raw fruits and vegetables.
- Food combining - The main objective is to eat faster digesting foods before slower digesting foods.
- Always eat enough. No restrictions with calories.
- Hydration is important! First thing in the morning and 30 minutes to 1 hour before each meal drink a tall glass of water.
- Learn to cook without salt. You will achieve maximum health and leanness
- Learn to cook without oil. You will learn the benefits of eliminating oil from your diet.
- Processed vegan junk food is fun but does not benefit you healthwise
- Eat wonderful food staples are ( ripe) bananas. mangoes and dates (bliss balls, rawnola).